Information Science & Engineering
Program Educational Objectives
- PEO1 : To provide every student with a strong conceptual foundation in the core areas of Computer Science.
- PEO2 : To provide student awareness on the life-long learning in the field of IT and to introduce them to professional ethics and codes of professional practice.
- PEO3 : To involve everyone to bring about higher performance levels through team effort.
- PEO4 : To emphasize on academic excellence and personality development through curricular co-curricular / extra curricular activities.
- PEO5 : To engage in projects requiring teamwork and design of Computer systems with hardware and software components.
- PO1: Engineering knowledge:Apply the knowledge of mathematics, science, engineering fundamentals, and an engineering specialization to the solution of complex engineering problems
- PO2: Design/development of solutions: Design solutions for complex engineering problems and design system components or processes that meet the specified needs with appropriate consideration for the public health and safety, and the cultural, societal, and environmental considerations
- PO3: Problem analysis: Identify, formulate, review research literature, and analyze complex engineering problems reaching substantiated conclusions using first principles of mathematics, natural sciences, and engineering sciences
- PO4: Conduct investigations of complex problems: Use research-based knowledge and research methods including design of experiments, analysis and interpretation of data, and synthesis of the information to provide valid conclusions
- PO5: Modern tool usage: Create, select, and apply appropriate techniques, resources, and modern engineering and IT tools including prediction and modeling to complex engineering activities with an understanding of the limitations
- PO6: The engineer and society: Apply reasoning informed by the contextual knowledge to assess societal, health, safety, legal and cultural issues and the consequent responsibilities relevant to the professional engineering practice
- PO7: Environment and sustainability: Understand the impact of the professional engineering solutions in societal and environmental contexts, and demonstrate the knowledge of, and need for sustainable development
- PO8: Ethics: Apply ethical principles and commit to professional ethics and responsibilities and norms of the engineering practice
- PO9: Individual and teamwork: Function effectively as an individual, and as a member or leader in diverse teams, and in multidisciplinary settings
- PO10: Communication: Communicate effectively on complex engineering activities with the engineering community and with society at large, such as, being able to comprehend and write effective reports and design documentation, make effective presentations, and give and receive clear instructions
- PO11: Project management and finance: Demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the engineering and management principles and apply these to one’s own work, as a member and leader in a team, to manage projects and in multidisciplinary environments
- PO12: Life-long learning: Recognize the need for, and have the preparation and ability to engage in independent and life-long learning in the broadest context of technological change.
Program Specific Outcomes
- PSO1 : Graduates will be able to understand, analyze information technology problems and provides solutions through their problems solving skill.
- PSO2 : Graduates will be able to apply the skills of programming in software development.
- PSO3 : Graduates will be able to work in industries in the area of web designing, software testing, development and maintenance.
- PSO4 : Should have the capability to comprehend the technological advancements in the usage of modern design tools to analyze and design subsystems/ processes for a variety of applications.