About the Department
The Department was established along with the Institution in the year 2003. The Department includes Engineering Physics, Engineering Chemistry and Engineering Mathematics. The Department has well equipped Engineering Physics and Engineering Chemistry lab as per the VTU. The academic activities of the department are teaching and conducting workshops, seminars, guest lecturers from the resource full persons from other centers.
The Department imparts education in Basic Science both in theory and through experiments. The objective is to create the basic firm foundation required by the engineers to plan for appropriate applications of the materials, objects and the material science studied under the science education which in turn provides them the tool for the choice of the proper plan for the right application.
The Physics lab is located in C V Raman block of the college. The Chemistry and Mathematics are located in T A Narashima setty block. The Physics and chemistry lab are spread over an area of 200 Sq mtrs and 205 Sq mtrs respectively where nearly 25 students can perform experiments at a time.
The department has well-qualified and experienced faculty with a healthy student to staff ratio. Out of which two are Doctorates, three are pursuing Ph.D. and remaining are Post-Graduates. Faculty members have published research papers in international and national journals and conferences. They are also members of several important academic bodies.
The department is striving hard to make the unique spirit of SKSVMACET, an Institution with a difference by promoting excellence in Teaching, Research and Services covering the fundamentals as well as applied aspects of Computer Science and IT.
Vision of the Department
To disseminate quality technical education for achieving Academic Excellence through focused training to prepare professionals embodied with competence and values to meet the changing needs in the field of Electronics and Communication Engineering
Mission of the Department
The department will continuously strive to
- Provide a world-class learning environment that caters to local and global technological and social requirements.
- Educate students towards multidisciplinary practices of electronics & communication industry and standards for a successful career.
- To involve everyone to reach higher performance levels through Team effort.
- Inculcating theoretical, practical, design and development skills necessary for lifelong learning.
- To nurture the development of mind, skill sets, attitude and core competence of students and the faculty by providing them opportunity to bring out their inherent talents